By entering this competition (the “Competition”) you (the “Participant”)
agree to be bound by these Terms and Conditions. Any information or
instructions published by the Promoter about the Competition on
form part of these Terms and Conditions.
- The Promoter of this competition is Samsung Electronics (UK) Limited, Samsung House, 1000 Hillswood Drive, Chertsey, Surrey, KT16 0PS (the “Promoter”).
- This competition is open to UK residents aged 18 years or over only.
- The Participant and their football team must be available to attend St George’s Park on the evening of Tuesday 30 September 2014 and on Wednesday 1 October 2014.
- This competition is not open to participants that are employees or agents of the Promoter, National Football Centre Limited (“NFC”) or any of their associated group companies or anyone professionally connected with this Competition or their immediate families.
- No purchase is necessary.
- There is 1 prize that consists of a trip for the winner and their football team (up to a maximum of 20 people) (together the “Team”) to St. George’s Park, Newborough Road, Needwood, Burton upon Trent, Staffordshire, DE13 9PD. The Prize package will consist of:
- a coach to pick the Team up from one location in the UK and transport them to St. George’s Park on Tuesday 30 September 2014 and return them to the same location on Wednesday 1 October 2014.
- overnight accommodation for the Team at the Hilton Hotel at St George’s Park on Tuesday 30 September 2014 in standard twin rooms (two guests per room).
- an evening meal from a set menu at the Hilton Hotel at St George’s Park on Tuesday 30 September 2014. Alcoholic drinks are not included.
- England replica training kit for each member of the Team.
- a SIM free Samsung Galaxy S5 handset for each member of the Team.
- breakfast at the Hilton Hotel at St. George’s Park on Wednesday 1 October 2014.
- the chance to use a range of the St. George’s Park facilities on Wednesday 1 October 2014.
- a tour of St. George’s Park on Wednesday 1 October 2014.
- training sessions at St. George’s Park on Wednesday 1 October 2014 under the supervision of NFC support staff.
- lunch at St. George’s Park on Wednesday 1 October 2014.
- The Prize carries no cash value, is non-transferable and may not be substituted by the winner. The Promoter may substitute a prize of equal or greater value for any prize. The Prize cannot be sold on to a 3rd party.
- The opening date for entries is 14:00 GMT on Wednesday 17th September 2014 (the “Opening Date”) and the closing date is 09:00 GMT on Tuesday 23rd September 2014 (the “Closing Date”).
- To enter the Competition, the Participant must go to www.facebook.com/samsungfootball and send a private message or send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org and answer the following question in 250 words: ‘Why do you think your team deserves to win a day at St George’s Park?’. between the Opening Date and the Closing Date (the “Entry”).
- A current UK phone number and the name of the football team/club you play for or are associated with must be included in the entry submission.
- The criteria for determining the winning Entry is the best answer within the word count that shows why the team should win the Prize with emphasis placed on team spirit and dedication.
- Any text, videos, images or any other content (the “Content”) which are submitted by the participant must adhere strictly to the following content guidelines (the “Content Guidelines”) for the Competition:
- The Content must be the participant’s own original creation.
- The Content must be in the English Language.
- The Content must not infringe any third party intellectual property.
- The Content must not infringe the rights of, or be defamatory or libelous about, any person.
- The Content must not display the image or likeness of any person or any information about any person unless the participant has obtained that person’s permission.
- The Content must not display any images or videos, and must not contain any background music, which are not the participant’s own original creation.
- The Content must be suitable for a person of any age to view and must fully comply with the law and all regulations.
- The Content must not contain or display any words, images or sounds which are considered, at the Promoter’s sole discretion, to be offensive, sexually explicit, rude, disparaging or otherwise inappropriate.
- The Content must comply with any further content guidelines provided by the Promoter
FOR SAFETY REASONS it is important that
participants do not include or reveal any personal information
(e.g. name, contact details, etc) in any Content. Entries
containing any Content that does not comply with the Content
Guidelines will not be entered into the Competition and the
associated submission will be deemed invalid.
- Only one entry per participant is allowed. If multiple entries are received from the same participant, all entries will be deemed invalid and removed from the Competition.
- Entries that are incomplete or damaged will be deemed invalid. No responsibility is accepted by the Promoter for lost, delayed or damaged data which occurs during any communication or transmission of entries.
- The Promoter reserves the right at its absolute discretion to disqualify any entry which it considers does not comply with these Terms and Conditions or any participant who it reasonably believes has interfered with the fair running of this Competition.
- The Promoter shall have the right, where necessary, to undertake all such action as is reasonable to protect itself against fraudulent or invalid claims including, without limitation, to require further verification as to the identity, age, and other relevant details of a participant.
- Entries must be made by the Participant, and must not be made through agents or third parties.
- Entries must be sent to be received no later than the Closing Date. Entries received after the Closing Date will not be eligible for entry.
- Following the Closing Date, Entries will be reviewed and judged by a panel of judges comprised of employees or agents of the Promoter including at least one independent judge. The judges will select the winning Entry. The decision of the judges will be final and binding, no correspondence will be entered into regarding the decision made. In the event that the judges acting reasonably believe that all of the entries are of an insufficient quality to be awarded the Prize then the judges reserve the right to cancel the Competition and withhold the Prize.
- The winner will be notified via a Facebook message or by email or by a call to the phone number submitted with the Entry on Tuesday 23rd September 2014. The messages will be sufficient notification for this purpose and the Promoter will not be responsible for any failure by a winner to receive the message, email or phone call.
- The prize winner must respond and confirm acceptance with the Promoter by 13:00 GMT on Wednesday 24th September 2014 in order to claim the prize. If the winner does not confirm attendance within that time period, another winner may be selected.
- The Promoter has the right to select an alternative winner if:
- a winner is ineligible to enter the competition.
- unable to reach a winner within the timeframe outlined above.
- the winner is unavailable on 30th September 2014 and 1st October 2014.
- In the event that a winner or substitute winner is unreachable, ineligible, or fails to claim the prize in the time required, the Promoter reserves the right to award the Prize to another winner, which shall be the next Participant that is picked by the panel of judges.
- Details of the winner will be published on the following websites on Wednesday 24 September 2014: www.facebook.com/samsungfootball and www.twitter.com/samsungfootball
Use of the Entries / Content by the Promoter
- 25.The Promoter may publish on any of its websites or any social networking website any and all Content received by it in connection with this Competition at any time and for any reason.
- All participants hereby provide a non-exclusive, royalty-free, irrevocable, perpetual, transferable licence to the Promoter to use the Content submitted for any purpose, including without limitation for advertising the Promoter’s products. The participant hereby waives all moral rights they have in the Content submitted to the fullest extent permitted by law.
- Each participant warrants that they are the person who created the Content submitted to this Competition and that all Content adheres to the Content Guidelines. The participant shall indemnify the Promoter and hold it harmless from and against any losses, damages, liabilities, obligations, claims, actions and demands, including without limitation reasonable legal fees, arising directly or indirectly from any breach of warranty set out in this clause.
Privacy and Data Protection
- The Promoter reserves the right to publish the name, pictures, towns and counties of residence of the winner and members of the Team. The winner and the members of the Team will be required to participate in the Promoter’s marketing and promotional activities, and by entering the Competition consents to such participation.
- By entering this Competition, the participant agrees to allow the Promoter (and any third parties authorised on the Promoter’s behalf) to use their name and likeness for promotion, trade, commercial, advertising and publicity purposes, at any time, in all media including but not limited to the internet, without notice, review or approval and without additional compensation except where prohibited by law. This includes the Participants entry which has been submitted via a Facebook message or email.
- Other than as set out in these Terms and Conditions or for the purposes of operating the Competition, the details and information provided by the participant when entering the Competition or claiming a prize will not be used for any promotional purpose, nor shall they be passed to any third party.
Special terms for the winners of the Competition and the winner’s guests
- By accepting the Prize, the winner of the Competition agrees that all participants can be photographed and recorded by the Promoter for the purposes of promoting the Competition and the Promoter’s products and to be used for promotional purposes by any third parties authorised on the Promoter’s behalf. Promotion may include activity on, but not limited to the internet, print, television and radio.
- Prior to undertaking any training session or fitness related activity, all participants must inform the Promoter and its partners of any existing medical conditions. Participants will also be required to complete and sign a form before being permitted to participate in the activity. These forms must complete this form fully and accurately.
- Participants must not take part if they are taking any medication or receiving any medical treatment which may put them or any other player at risk during the activity.
- By registering for the Competition, you give consent for the Promoter, NFC and its partners to give medical treatment to you should the need arise whilst playing in any trials.
- It is possible for participants to obtain private insurance: (a) to cover injuries you may suffer whilst playing or training for football or undertaking fitness tests; and or (b) to cover injuries you cause to third parties whilst playing or training for football. The Promoter recommends that all participants obtain such insurance. By taking part, you acknowledge that playing football and training are potentially hazardous activities and you accept the risk of injury that surrounds these activities.
- You must comply with all instructions given to you by the Promoter, NFC or any of its partners or representatives.
- Sports / training kit will be provided for all participants to wear at St George’s Park on Wednesday 1 October 2014. Players will need to bring their own football boots and training shoes.
- The Promoter will not be responsible or liable for: (a) any failure to receive Entries due totransmission failures and other conditions beyond its reasonable control; (b) any late, lost, misrouted, or damaged transmissions or entries; (c) any computer or communications related malfunctions or failures; (d) any disruptions, losses or damages caused by events beyond the control of the Promoter; or (e) any printing or typographical errors in any materials associated with the Competition.
- The Promoter shall not be liable for any interruption to this Competition whether due to force majeure or other factors beyond the Promoter’s control.
- The Promoter reserves the right, acting reasonably and in accordance with all relevant legislation and codes of practice, to vary the terms and Conditions of this Competition.
- The Promoter reserves the right to cancel the Prize at any stage, if deemed necessary due to circumstances beyond its control.
- By entering this Competition, the participant agrees to release the Promoter, NFC and their respective group companies’, including facebook from any liability whatsoever for any claims, costs, injuries, losses, or damages of any kind , including direct, indirect, incidental, consequential or punitive damage arising out of or in connection with this Competition or with the acceptance, possession, attendance at or use of any Prize (except death or personal injury caused by the Promoter’s negligence, for fraud, or otherwise as prohibited by law).
- This Competition is governed by English law. Any disputes arising under or in connection with them shall be subject to the exclusive jurisdiction of the courts of England.
- This Competition is in no way sponsored, endorsed or administered by, or associated with, Facebook or Twitter.